Today was overall a pretty good day. I am still feeling the after effects of not being able to do any good planning this past weekend, I have found out I really am a planner who doesn't like having to 'fly by the seat of my pants' (like that's news!) Anyway I did well considering!
Once the kids were up we had until 11am to get all their independent work done as the movie 'Elf' was on and we love that one. They worked hard and got it done Lola was especially focussed as she really didn't want to miss a minute of it! We had lunch while watching that then they spent the rest of the early afternoon creating various cities, houses and a kennel with blocks. After a while of that we did a snowman picture that did not turn out well as I didn't read the directions properly and put them on black paper and instead used white - duh! Note to self - read instructions properly!
So after that we began making paper snowflakes and had a great time with that, discovering that it really is important to fold them correctly, and that we really could do with buying some sharper scissors! Once the snowflakes were carefully stuck to the windows, we had a yummy hot chocolate with marshmallows in honor of it being December and spent time playing outside. After dinner we started to watch another movie (Cars) but ended up reading our bible verse of the day and a Christmas story instead!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment