Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday December 1st, 2008

Wow today was a hectic one! Not sure I really achieved anything much at all. The day started the minute I got back from the gym with potty training, nursing, bathing (after aforementioned potty training didn't work out so well!) and cooking. I am exhausted and am not sure I want a repeat of today. The problem? Well I was completely not ready for school to start again after our Thanksgiving break. I have been sick so did absolutely no planning, cooking, laundry or anything - so today was completely a catch up day!
So lets see...did we do anything??

Lola: Did math, handwriting, French, math drill and a writing assignment on her blog this morning. Had grand plans to start her Plague lapbook, but this got totally forgotten under a pile of laundry! Oh well!

Tayo: Did math, handwriting, and reading today - we are back on RME today; we reviewed where we left off a few weeks back. Yep that was it!

Niyi: Potty training was his focus today! With just me here today I am really feeling the amount of time this takes; trying to remember when to take him and of course changing sheets, clothes and giving him a bath in the middle of the day when I should be making lunch! He is doing very well though and is now asking to go when he needs to - that's half the battle right? We did spend some time building with blocks this morning and he is getting good at building now and is not just all about the destroying!

Other school: I started an Advent countdown today. I wanted to do a Jesse tree or something elaborate, but due to my lack of planning of course this was not possible. I found a site with a daily scripture to read and that's what we did tonight. We also sang along to a You Tube version of 'O Come, O come Emmanuel' tonight. I may add some crafts occasionally, but this simple approach was actually nice, just the Bible, discussion and singing!

One great thing about this kind of day - bedtime! Oh..... and a new start tomorrow!

No comments: